Here are a few things that I’ve found out you can do with the Nook Color that may also work with other Nook models besides buy books from Barnes and Noble.
- Borrow books from the public library.
- Get books from the Baen Free Library.
- Download books from Project Gutenberg for free.
- Borrow books from friends who have a Nook.
- Browse Barnes and Noble books for an hour a day in store.
- Read Adobe Reader files like the instructions for tools I borrow from my father in law.
- Barnes and Noble offers a free book every Friday.